I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT TEMPTATION

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

it figures...

For those of you who don't know already, I got my little Sheba last Friday. I spent the entire weekend looking at her, petting her, loading her in and out of the car, showing her off to everyone who would look. And dragging her. Because as I am finding out, Sheba is one stubborn little doggy. I am far from a dog expert, but I have walked my share of animals in my day and she is the first I have experienced who will simply refuse to go any further. In that way, she is like my sister, who I am told would stop in her tracks at any given moment when she'd decided she'd had enough of the forward movement and just stand there defiantly. So...great, i have the canine equivalent of my sister. Other than that and the fact that she hasn't defacated since Saturday, things are going wonderfully. Should I be worried about this? I wonder if this is what my friends and family had in mind when they expressed their concerns at my getting a pet: that relatively soon after, I would be seen forcibly dragging a constipated, shaking terrier across the asphalt at 7AM demanding her to do her business and cursing the gods at the irony of having to train her sister in dog form. Everything's coming up Millhouse!

No comments: