I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT TEMPTATION

Friday, May 16, 2008

if I could have taken off my skin, I would have

I do not do well in heat. Much like a tender leafling trying to make my way into the forest, I require water, nourishment, and shade to survive. So when I, as I did yesterday, eat only a tiny bowl of rice noodles all day, drink one glass of water, and spend 3+ hours in my car refusing to turn on the air conditioning amid the hot blaze of the afternoon because it "toughens up the constitution", there are bound to be consequences.

Which came in the form of a nice shiny glaze of perspiration running the entire length of my body, collecting in the folds of my abdomen, back of the thighs, and the area between my breasts. Lovely! Good thing I was wearing a dress so I still clung to a shred of my fading womanliness, rooting around in the weeds outside an industrial building in Mountain View and snapping pictures of a potential sale for my boss.

It was over 90 degrees when I got home. Sweet jesus.

What I wanted to have last night:




What I got instead:



If it's this hot again this weekend, you better believe I'm stripping down to my skivvies and parading arount my apartment with an ice pack around my waist.

No comments: