I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT TEMPTATION

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

life's a pretty sweet fruit...

...but not this week.

I've been feeling under the weather this week, which has made me sluggish and a little slow on the uptake. It's worked out ok so far, since I left early yesterday and only worked half-day on Monday. But things are definitely not right. My brain is fuzzy and I'm pretty sure I ate moldy muffins this morning. I can't wait for this afternoon when the most adventurous I plan on being is when I dress Sheba up in her reindeer costume and make her pose by the christmas tree, snapping pictures like my life depends on it while she quivers in fear and tries to scrape her antlers off on the floor.

An example of my week thus far:
An hour ago, I noticed a large-ish spider crawling up my left cubicle wall. I immediately grabbed my stapler, came up behind it, and smashed it within an inch of its life. Unfortunately, I had my pinky under the business end of the stapler as I smashed, and in the process of killing my enemy, I managed to get about half an inch of staple lodged straight into the fatty part of my poor pinky.

As I pulled it out and unleashed the bloodstorm, I couldn't help but gloat in my pain. Sure, I may have foolishly punctured myself with the Swingline Professional Plus Series, but that same staple would have killed a lesser being. Such as the spider. So I win.

= 1

= 1


= 0 = 0

No comments: