I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT TEMPTATION

Friday, February 1, 2008

that's what happened baby

I can't remember if one of my New Years resolutions was to quit drinking, but I have a sneaking suspicion I have failed it. It begins innocently enough, with some sparkling apple cider to clear the head, and ends with attempting to drunkenly text message whilst speeding down the highway in the wrong direction after 8 martinis and a shot of Jaeger. Not that this has happened yet, but really it's only a matter of time.

I went out dancing last night for the first time in a while with just the ladies. I forgot how much better it is sometimes to have not a single cock in attendance. Not that we were misbehaving or otherwise acting up, it's just nice to know that no one is going to fight and everyone is going to have a good time because we're all on the same page. And then you get to return to the penis you know and love and everything is right with the world. Or something like that. A good time was had by all. Until I woke up this morning after about 4 hours of sleep and a glorious hangover. But that's what Fridays are for.

In a side note, Hector bought tickets to the Editors next Friday, and I must say that after hurriedly downloading every song of theirs I could get my hands on, I am going to enjoy this concert. They sound like Interpol/Joy Division and also of course, different. I've liked every song I've heard so far. And then the next day we get to see Murray from Flight of the Conchords at the Improv. I am going to be wet pretty much the entire weekend, is what I'm saying.

This weekend is SuperBowlExtravaganza and promises to be fun for all. With ping pong, homemade t-shirts, chili dogs and potato skins, how can you go wrong? Go Giants!


No comments: