I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT TEMPTATION

Monday, June 18, 2007

yes

I drank this weekend. And yes, that went directly against my vows. But really, is this a surprise to anyone? I think the only surprise was that after eating only three quesadillas all day and consuming twice my weight in alcohol I was still able to stand at the end of the night. Barely. I learned the next day that I had done some unsavory things but since this too is not far from the norm I'm pretty ok with it. When I woke up I was a little dismayed to find that some people are too good to take advantage of a drunk girl (or is it that some drunk girls are too passed out to be taken advantage of? nonsense!) but other than that I consider myself lucky to have woken up in my own bed rather than on the corner of wolfe and kifer like has been known to happen in the past. I firmly believe I was still drunk when I woke up at 7AM Saturday morning because I for some reason had boundless energy and not a trace of dizziness as I was leaping around my room. However, such was not the case when I again woke up at ten with a splitting headache and the spins.

I started feeling grumpy in the car on the way to the flea market and insisted on eating pizza, but since the flea market waits for no one, we decided to go there first in case all the treasures were packed up by the time we got there. Hector had the brilliant idea to get a Happy Meal to tide us over before pizza time, and like its name suggests, I instantly became happy as I shoved a cheeseburger/fry combo into my greedy fat face. All traces of hangover were magically removed, and I approached the array of socks and chirping plastic birds with a new outlook on life. The only downside of McDonalds is its immediate and almost alarming passing through my system, but thank god the bathrooms at the Capitol flea market are not as bad as you might think.

I would say we stayed for less than an hour, which you would think would mean that we would save the pizza for another day since we had just consumed a meal designed to fill up a child, but you would be wrong. We drove straight to House of Pizza and ordered enough food to satisfy a family of four, and despite my feeling sick after two squares, I powered through and ate a good portion of my half of the pizza. It was glorious.

Saturday night we went to Taste (formerly the Blue Tattoo, for those of you not in the know) and after the ridiculous amount of confusion to get in, involving numerous lines/clipboards/thick-necked bouncers/cheesy admissions tickets, we were led to the "VIP" section of the club which consisted of four cube chairs and a table. Ahem. Luckily, there was plenty of eye candy to entertain us to make up for the lack of quality music and alcohol. It was hilarious watching the guys attempt not to stare as the local fauna pranced by wearing little more than g-strings and band-aids. Combine desperate flashy females with leering greasy males and you get a disaster in the making, or as I like to call it, pure entertainment. The night ended as expected, with jealousy and furious making out. Good times! Taste, I will never be going back.






1 comment:

McSpank said...

Thanks for stealing my photo... The least you could do is post a link since you are stealing bandwidth from my site at http://www.tadpolenet.com