I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT TEMPTATION

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

i'm going to strangle someone

You would think that not much could really go wrong only two workdays into the week, but you would be wrong. For some reason, this seems to be the two days that every single vendor I have to deal with has decided to make like a shitty baby and crap all over themselves, leaving me to clean up the mess. Most are just small issues that I am annoyed with in that they cause me to take a break from online roulette on pogo.com, but a couple are really big nasty assholes who I have been dealing with for HOURS at a time only to achieve no resolution in sight. This angers me.

Yesterday I spent two hours on the phone with our internet provider who for the past 5 months has been unable to get their shit together and apply a payment we made in February to the correct account. Not my problem? You would think, except that they have been forwarding on this past due amount each month and have now decided to add a notice to disconnect our service to spice things up. I have talked to three different agents on three different occasions and although each Manila native has told me they would "personally take care of it", they have turned out to be fat ugly liars. I am normally a patient woman (HA) but this is pissing me off. I just got off the phone with someone who told me that I could not talk to the supervisor I talked to yesterday, but that it was really just a simple matter of her putting in a request to transfer the check over to our account. Simple. 6 hours of my life wasted listening to crappy hold music and Anne from the Phillippines had the solution the whole time? I yelled at her for a good ten minutes without letting her speak, but to be fair, this was pent up frustration from having to deal with her company, the financial aid department at my school, the Arrowhead people, the parking lot sweepers, and our postage meter company. Sorry Anne, you tiger now.

I want a drink.

On the upside, last week my bosses gave me a raise in the form of offering to pay for my gas via a gas card, and paying my cell phone bill from now on. They also gave me a $1500 travel voucher to go anywhere I want. Pretty nice, but I didn't expect to have to work for it. I know, I'm a baby.

No comments: